Kinkade Funeral Chapel

Jul 25, He taught his kids and grandkids all his skills over the years and enjoyed being a bleacher coach for basketball, volleyball, tennis, golf, football, and his newest love - hockey. She worked there until her dad passed away in He beamed with pride when sharing guest book accolades thanking him for his exceptional knowledge and customer service. Francis of Assisi Altar Society. She suffered the last of her years battling health issues, mainly her legs causing her to be in a wheelchair.

Darrell DeWayne Hogan

His love of and knowledge about nature were evident to many and showed in his many landscape paintings. His red Nebraska cap and a red sweater were always within reach.

Together, Harland and Jean welcomed many to their home. Harland knew the joy of communication, emailing and Face Timing family, friends, and acquaintances until, in February of , a stroke robbed him of his ability to speak clearly and use his hands to type.

He gradually came to understand that his life was drawing to a close and after Jean passed away in May of , he very much wanted to follow her.

We are all glad he is with Jean again. Survivors include two sons, Dr. Lee Jan Hermann; and close family friend, Scott Moses. He was preceded in death by his wife; his parents; and one brother, Charles Gordon Hermann.

Visitation and luncheon to be held at Tuesday, June 26, , at St. Donald "Donnie" Theodore Fahrenwald, Jr. He grew up in Sturgis. He spent some of his favorite times at his maternal grandparent's farm in Sturgis and at his paternal grandparent's farm in Steele City, NE. He also enjoyed hunting at his sister's, Joyce, farm near Vale, SD. He loved visiting with relatives and will be remembered for his "sense of humor. He served on many ships.

He retired after 20 years. He then worked for Meade County and retired again after 20 years. He married Bonnie Sander on July 7, Private family graveside services, with military honors, will be held at Black Hills National Cemetery near Sturgis. A private family memorial service will be held at a later date.

When Dee was 9, Leo moved the family to Idaho for work. When Leo died in a deer hunting accident, Margery moved Dee and her five brothers back to Lead where Dee attended school, graduating in Dee enjoyed an extremely active life and her gift of nurturing love and faith expressed itself in all she did.

Dee lived her life with gusto. Her art, patience, kindness, and passion for life influenced many of her students, family, friends, and others. Not one to boast about her creative skills; she did not consider herself special. But others considered her above and beyond ordinary. Whether sharing the gifts of her paintings, the sound of her piano playing, the telling of whimsical stories, or the helping at her local church and in her community, Dee wholeheartedly shared her talents.

A member of the Black Hills Art Association, she practiced her oil painting at the Sturgis and Spearfish Art Centers; submitting her pieces in local Art shows and receiving awards for several of them. Dee loved storytelling and was a member of the Black Hills Storytellers Association. For over 16 years, she was active in fund raising and leadership of the Sturgis Hospital Auxiliary, serving over the years as president, vice president, and blood drive coordinator.

She volunteered at the local Elementary School. For personal enjoyment, Dee played the piano, painted, and traveled. Above all, however, Dee loved her family: She loved us all and we loved her. Monday, June 25, , with Father Timothy Castor officiating. Burial will follow at Black Hills National Cemetery. Vigil will be Sunday, June 24, at 6: Donations in her memory can be made to the Margery L.

The Fund provides scholarships to academically talented, financially needy graduates of Lead-Deadwood High School. Dorothy was a jack of all trades and a master of some! Dorothy not only raised 4 very successful, willful children, but also found it in her heart to take in many of their friends for a night, a week, for life.

Cousin Ruthie had this to say: Dad told great-grandchildren McKaela that he chased and had to catch that black hair beauty before all those soldiers came home from the war!! A memorial service will be at a later date. Lois spent much of her adult life in Colorado where she was an administrative assistant in the Montrose County School District. She is survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Lois asked for no funeral or graveside services. Through her youth, she herded sheep, worked as a housekeeper, candled eggs on a chicken farm, as a laundress at Ft.

Gladys finally ended up working at the home of Tello and Lisa Peterson, where she met Harvey Peterson. Gladys and Harvey married July 19, In , they moved to Sturgis for a short time, then to Faith, then returning to Opal. There they farmed and ran the Moree store. Gladys said she always wished for a house with a lot of bedrooms, so in they moved to Faith and purchased the West Hotel. Be careful what you wish for! They ran the hotel for 20 years and farmed north of Faith.

The couple loved to dance. As babysitting was not the norm, the children were always taken to the dances. There they learned to dance and socialize. When it became late the children were put on the benches, and slept covered with coats.

The adults continued to dance and visit with their friends. She had visited much of the United States. She was fortunate to be able to attend two world fairs; Dollywood; Branson, MO; plus many more sites. The best travels were close to home to Mount Rushmore, Dinosaur Park and Wall Drug, which occurred almost every time the family was together. After retiring, she volunteered at the Senior Center. She was instrumental in opening the Faith Legion Community Hall. There she served as Treasurer for 24 years, helped with the distribution of commodities, rummage sales, hunter's dinners, and other community events.

Viewing will be Thursday, May 31, 5: Viewing continues Friday, June 1, from Funeral services will commence at A luncheon will follow the service. Interment will occur at Bear Butte Cemetery in Sturgis around 3: Edward Allen Tripp Sr. He has been a member of Local Union of the Union of Operating Engineers since where he worked as a Crane Operator until retirement.

Ed married Evelyn J. Stearns in East Hartford in They moved to Sturgis in Evelyn passed away June 25, , one day before their 65th anniversary. Ed was a member of the United Church of Christ. He was a loving and devoted husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather.

A private family service will be held at a later date. He graduated from Sturgis High School in He worked as a flight paramedic for St. Danny enjoyed camping, fishing, hunting, and spending time with his grandkids and great-grandkids. He will be remembered for his dedication and devotion to helping others and his love for life and family.

Danny was always the life of the party and was always making people laugh. Danny will continue to help others through tissue donation. He was the husband of Sandi Droppers Hayes and they shared 47 years together.

He was preceded in death by his grandparents and his parents. Visitation will be from 5: Raised in Lead and graduated in Bill loved his work as an underground miner for Homestake for 10 years.

After a serious accident in June of , he worked in the warehouse after he recovered from his injuries. Bill retired when Homestake closed. He married Therese Hoffman May 28, They first met when he was 6 and she was 5. They lived in Spearfish Canyon and later moved to Spearfish. He like reading Westerns, old cars, old movies and driving the back roads of the Black Hills.

No services at his request. A family memorial service will be later in the summer. Calvin attended Squaw Butte School for grades , a horseback ride of about three and a half miles. Following high school, Calvin attended South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, following his interest in rocks by majoring in geological engineering. With one quarter left until graduation, he was drafted into the U. Navy, joining other members of the Great Generation, serving from He returned to the family ranch upon discharge and married Mable Ingalls, the love of his life, on June 15, , and without whom he was seldom seen.

Verne passed away at the age of In , when his dad retired, he and his brother, Chester, formed a partnership and in , they purchased a ranch in southern Perkins County, to which Chester moved. They were one of the first ranches in western South Dakota to implement Production Records to improve their Hereford cow herd.

Calvin was an avid supporter of the 4-H program, especially when his children were of 4-H age. Calvin was a good steward of the land by cross fencing, water development, tree planting, and careful grazing management. In at the age of 74, Calvin turned over operation of the ranch to son, Larry, who returned to the ranch having retired from the Army.

His faith was an important part of his life and an example to his family and the community. He enjoyed traveling, sightseeing, hunting, fishing when there used to be water , rock and artifact hunting, and collecting of all kinds, accumulating collections of rocks, fossils, Indian artifacts, and antique tools among other things.

He was always young at heart, having downhill skied for the first time at age 66, killed his first elk at age 85, and at 90 years old, was still cutting and splitting wood for his home-built petrified wood fireplace.

He took particular delight in his grandkids and enjoyed taking them fishing whenever they visited. He was preceded in death by his parents; siblings, Chester and Elanor and their spouses; son, Verne; and five nieces and nephews. Visitation will be Thursday, May 17, from 5: Denzel Nonhof and Pastor Steve Talley officiating. Kay was born in Sturgis, SD, on May 18, She graduated from Sturgis High School in Kay was a substitute teacher for many years.

She loved music and shared her passion for the piano by giving private lessons for 17 years. For many years, she played the organ at the United Methodist Church in Sturgis. Family, faith, and friends were of the utmost importance in her life. Kay married Dean Snyder in Together, they had two children. Her son, Ken, lives on the family ranch. Her daughter, Sherroll, is an accountant and lives near Sturgis. Kay was an excellent cook and enjoyed entertaining family and friends in their ranch home.

Kay also loved to travel, sketching detailed itineraries of the routes and sites. She especially enjoyed including the grandchildren in the travel plans. However, she was a very organized saver leaving behind numerous files of her clipped treasures. She developed hand written paper spreadsheets of ranch income and expenses before people commonly used spreadsheets.

She presented workshops on organizing ranch and personal records before the popularity of computerized record keeping. Kay loved community engagement. Her organizational skills often led to her attaining leadership roles in activities she participated in. She was active in the Sturgis United Methodist Church.

She was proud of tracing her family tree to a soldier in the American Revolutionary War. Kay was an active advocate for agriculture. She was a member of South Dakota CattleWomen for over 40 years. She was SDCW president in In , she was president of the American National CattleWomen. Kay Elizabeth Schryvers Snyder, an area ranch wife and homemaker, passed away April 22, Kay was preceded in death by her parents, Len and Doris Schryvers, and her sister, Shirley, who passed away 20 years ago to the day as Kay.

Kay battled cognitive dementia for several years eventually succumbing to its ugliness. She had loving caregivers who affectionately addressed her as "Miss Kay. Hard roads lead to beautiful places.

Visitation will be Friday, April 27, from 5: A memorial service will be held Saturday, April 28, , at Her interest were helping out and donating to numerous foundations and her passion was traveling around the world to experience as many cultures as she could. Joelane served 21 years with the U. Air Force as a Captain and was honorably discharged. She was preceded in death by her parents, Joel and Katheryn Lindberg. Visitation will be one hour prior to services.

Funeral Services will be Leland battled many years of pain, caused from a severe stroke in that left him with permanent nerve damage. With the loving care and attention provided by his wife, Dorothy, he was able to spend the majority of those years at home, enjoying time with his family.

Leland is now free of his pain. Leland was born January 1, , in Sidney, MT. He proudly served 3 years in the United States Marine Corp. After the Marines, he married Dorothy, and they moved to North Dakota. Leland enjoyed fishing, playing cards, bowling, and telling a good joke. He was a very hard worker and an excellent provider for his family.

He farmed for quite a few years, but eventually found work in the oilfield, where he stayed until his stroke forced him into early retirement. Leland and Dorothy moved to Sturgis in It was a huge change for them, after 50 years in North Dakota, but turned out to be a blessing. Leland was able to obtain better healthcare within the region and had loving family members nearby. Leland was a kindhearted man that cared deeply for his family and friends.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Victor and Anna; sister, Sharon; step-son, Bob; and grandson, Adam. A memorial service will be held at He grew up on the family ranch at Howes, SD. He learned at an early age the value of hard work and a good horse. His strong work ethic stayed with him throughout his entire life.

Lyle attended first and second grades in Sturgis while his mom was staying with his older sibling during their high school days. He then attended Plainview School from third through eighth grades. He graduated with honors from Sturgis Brown High School in He continued this job until the summer of On June 14, , Lyle married his high school sweetheart, Juanita Simons. The couple resided in Rapid City until the summer of when the opportunity arose to move to his maternal grandfather's ranch.

He took great pride in working the ranch that was his grandfather's homestead. Lyle was a member of the Howes Grazing Association. He served many terms on the board of directors. Several terms he served as president of the board. If you asked him what his greatest accomplishment was, he would tell you his family.

The couple was blessed with four children; Kendra, Shane, Chet, and Kelsey. He enjoyed watching his children grow into adulthood, spending many hours teaching them the value of a hard day's work, and developing "Bleacher Butt" at their sporting events! Most of the family vacations were going to different sporting events. If he was unable to attend, he would send them off with a smile and words of encouragement.

He would watch the videos of their competitions over and over. As the kids grew up and married, grandkids came into his life. He loved spending time with them. In short order, sporting events again became a regular occurrence. He decided that bleachers hadn't gotten any softer. Lyle fought courageously against pancreatic cancer. He won several major battles but was unable to win the war.

Lyle, 62, passed away at home, surrounded by his loving family on Friday, April 13, , at his ranch near Union Center. Lyle will be missed greatly by his family and friends. Anyone that knew him, knew he enjoyed having a good time. His smile matched his size, and his laugh could fill the entire room. God blessed us immensely with Lyle's love. He was preceded in death by his brother, Lloyd; parents, Ernest and Viola; brother-in-law, Gary Cox; nephew, Troy Cox; nephew-in-law, Scott Sandquist; sister-in-law, Karen Delbridge; and several aunts, uncles, and cousins.

As a little boy with boundless energy and enthusiasm, he excelled at baseball and spent every summer of his youth playing in the Pony League and Little League games. He participated in Track at North Junior High and won many medals.

As a teenager, he enjoyed the car races and worked with the Pit Crew for his cousin, Bob Baumberger at the Black Hills Speedway until he enlisted into the U. He returned to Rapid City and married his high school sweetheart, Teri Allard. They built a home together and enjoyed raising their two sons, Tommy and Nick. Dave and Teri remained close friends and devoted parents even after their divorce and were especially active in the lives of their two little grandsons, Vander and Gage, who gave them so much joy.

Dave loved being a grandpa spending time with them. He loved riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle and always looked forward to attending the Sturgis Rally.

Dave was a proud and protective big brother to Darla Kaye and Mike and was blessed to spend the last month of his life in the loving care of his devoted mom and sister along with his family in Watertown, SD.

We will fondly reminisce about his antics and celebrate the life of an incredible man. Above all else, we will remember his unique sense of humor. If Dave loved you, he teased you and we loved him in return for always making us laugh. He will be missed by all of us who knew him, including his sweet, Aunt Shirley, whom he shared a special bond with. Graveside services will be He participated in the Cuban Crisis securing planes safely in Greenland.

Before returning to the states, he was Chief of the Command Post at Mildenhall where they tracked all US flights that took off from every command in Europe. Colonel John Morgan Reed passed away on January 28, , at the age of A memorial service will be held at Black Hills National Cemetery at 11 a. Donald attended White Eagle School and Douglas school system. Donald is survived by his father, Donald L. Simmons; a brother; sisters; and nieces, nephews, and other relatives. Donald was preceded in death by his mother, Alta R.

Celebration of life will be on Saturday, April 7, , from 2: Bill lived an interesting and varied life. He was born in a small town in rural South Dakota, attended a country school along with his five brothers and two sisters, and later moved to the Yankton area.

When his parents died, he moved to the Mitchell area to live with family members. As soon as possible, he joined the Marine Corp and served two tours of duty. Much of his 2nd tour was in the Middle East doing intelligence work. His passion was for the intelligence field and he held many positions related to that field. He attended law school, studied criminology, police science and forensic science among others. Bill enjoyed learning and new hobbies until the end. He was interested in drafting and architecture, fencing, art, and held a black belt in Kung Fu.

He also studied for his pilot's license. He was a big fan of anything historical. Bill always enjoyed telling stories of his past experiences. He even wrote family history books and his autobiography.

Bill was truly one of a kind. Landon, 78, Rapid City, died Saturday, March 10, , at his residence. Graveside services, with military honors, will be held at 2: She enjoyed reading, crocheting, sewing, gardening, and camping with her family. She is survived by her husband, J.

She is also survived by her brother, Bobby Jones Aggie ; and her numerous nieces and nephews. A Memorial service will also be held in Laramie at St. Darlene Sheely attended grade school and high school in Sturgis, graduating in Then went on to secretarial school at South Dakota vo-tech and graduated from there in Darlene was gifted with a beautiful voice and pursued a musical career playing Country Music in the Tri-State area.

She also participated in the summer music shows at Custer, South Dakota. Darlene and John also formed their own country music band "Nashville Gold. She also worked for Motel 6 as Desk Clerk and Manager. Russell Larson and Darlene were married on February 14, Due to a lot of medical problems, in , Darlene had to quit driving and could no longer work. She enjoyed quilting these last few years.

One of the joys in her life was her traveling companions, Teddy and Heiti, her poodles. Funeral Service will be at Interment will be in Keystone, South Dakota at Mt.

Douglas was born in Nashport, Ohio, on November 26, She attended and graduated from Nashport High School where she had the honor of being the class Valedictorian. Evelyn continued on to the main campus of Ohio University in Athens, OH, where she completed her degree, majoring in Home Economics with a minor in English.

After teaching one year of Home Economics, Evelyn returned to Nashport, where she taught school. Her students remembered her fondly and to her dying day sent her letters. Evelyn was married to Winston Douglas aka Doug while he was in the army. After returning home, they were remarried in the Nashport Methodist Church.

Evelyn relocated to Sturgis, SD, after her husband's illness, and lived there 16 years. She then moved in with her daughter, Vicki Bush, where Vicki and Jim provided her loving care for the remaining years of her life. Evelyn died Saturday, March 10, , at home surrounded by her family. She is survived by her five children and their spouses: In addition, her survivors include 14 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; and 7 great-great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews; and sister-in-law, Lorraine Williams, Rapid City, SD.

Evelyn was preceded in death by her husband, Doug in , and her two brothers, Gerald and Gene Minnick, Nashport, Ohio. Lunch will be served at the church following her committal at Black Hills National Cemetery. Memorials may be given to Hospice of the Northern Hills. As a young child, her family moved to Borger, TX, and lived there until moving to the community of Kelton, TX, where she attended grade school and graduated from Kelton High School in After his honorable discharge, they farmed in Gageby, TX.

Leona was a member of the Union Center Baptist Church, serving on different committees over the years. She took great interest and pride in their farmstead; spending many hours working in her yard, growing petunias every summer, and keeping fences and buildings painted to perfection. She was preceded in death by her husband, Mooris, in ; her parents; sisters, Louise Worley, Leola Mooney, and Luvene Larsen; and brothers, Olin, Eugene, and Winifred Mooney; and a baby brother in infancy.

Funeral services will be at 1: Keeler Lineback of Winner, SD. He was raised in Winner and attended school there until when the family moved to Mission, SD. He graduated from Todd County High School in Shortly after that he moved to the Black Hills area. He met Robin Schiesser in Sturgis, SD, in at the local truck stop where she worked as a waitress. On Labor Day weekend, they had their second date and he asked her to marry him.

They were married in Sturgis on October 31, Don began his driving career in Winner, SD, where he drove delivering feed for his grandfather who owned the local feed store. Don loved to drive. If it was motorized, he wanted to drive it. He also obtained a motorcycle endorsement and rode a motorcycle when he invited Robin on their very first date. Don had a few various jobs in his life after he graduated from high school.

He tried to find something that would not take him away from his wife and family, but it seemed that the road always called him back and that calling was stronger than any other. All along, his dream was to become an owner operator.

He hauled livestock for a few years from South Dakota to Texas and beyond. After tiring of the long hours without sleep he decided a career path change was needed and went to work pulling a flatbed.

As most young truck drivers did, he longed to own the ultimate rig, which for him was a long nose Peterbilt with a Cat engine. On his quest for that goal, in he upgraded from the cab-over to a Autocar. In , he traded for a Pete. Then in January of he traded for a brand new Peterbilt with a Cat, 18 speed transmission and rears. He had finally achieved his dream. He pulled flatbed and hauled just about anything that could be hauled on a flatbed in all 48 contiguous United States and Canada.

While Don was out soothing his wanderlust, Robin stayed in Sturgis and worked and took care of the children. From time to time, he would make a trip with one of the kids and occasionally the whole family.

Ultimately, the children grew and became stronger by seeing the dedication and work ethic that their father showed them.

The time apart only proved to make the time together more important and the love stronger. After the children were all grown, and after 23 years of being apart a good share of the time, Don and Robin decided that it was time to get to know each other all over again. In , Robin attained her CDL learners permit so that she could learn to drive the Pete and go on the road with Don.

To do that, she would need some drive time to be able to pass the driving test for a valid CDL license. On the evening of the 9th of February, while in downtown Seattle to unload the escalator that he was hauling, Don suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage. After a month of physical therapy at home and grueling driving lessons teaching Robin to drive, he was back on the road by April 1st.

After that close call, Don and Robin spent the next 17 years on the road together running as a team on the longest adventure two people could imagine.

Don hauled his last load in May of Early in June, he was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. He spent the next 9 months fighting for his life. He passed away peacefully at his home in Sturgis on February 24, In life he loved well.

Don was preceded in death by his parents; one sister, Vicki; and one brother, Scott. By the age of four, Ed Hawks knew that he was born to be a cattleman. He fulfilled his childhood dream until he passed away on Sunday, February 25, , of natural causes on the ranch that he loved.

He attended first through eighth grades at Plainview School and attended and graduated from Sturgis Brown High School in He received an honorable discharge in the fall of , and returned to the family ranch.

He spent the ensuing years passionately improving his registered Hereford breed. Ed waited patiently to find the perfect wife for him. While attending his 20 year class reunion, Ed found her in his high school classmate, Gloria LeLaCheur. Gloria changed Ed's life by introducing him to golf, bowling, white water rafting which he still did in blue jeans , parasailing, and lots of other travel and crazy adventures.

She showed Ed that there was another world beyond the ranch. Ed changed Gloria's life by sharing his faith with her and her children. He was an active member in the Church of Christ. Ed carried on his father's fudge making tradition and rewarded his bull buyers with a tin of fudge.

Ed's fudge was a staple at the community potlucks and he was proud that his son, Bryan, is carrying on the family tradition. Ed never complained and was always optimistic. Ed loved spending time with friends and family and especially loved his role as Papa Eddie to his two grandchildren. He recently taught his granddaughter to play Cribbage and he never got tired of spending time around the kitchen table playing cards.

Ed recently discovered Facebook and would spend hours "friending" people he knew, and people he didn't. He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Mildred Hawks. Burial will follow at Bear Butte Cemetery. He was the 2nd of 8 children. He always enjoyed the country life. He enjoyed showing cattle, dairy, and horses. He was an avid agronomist.

He loved haying at the Bryant place. He worked for many friends and neighbors haying and on their ranches during high school. He always worried about his mom and would help her pay bills in HS during the tough times. He proudly began his adventure of a Seed Technologist in California for 3 years but his heart was still in South Dakota with his family. He then went to work at Huron then to Madison.

He had a passion for his job. He would rattle off grass names and talk of seeds in his sleep. He missed many family functions out west because he had a germination test or something going on at work that he knew he had to get done. He was as giving as his mother, Ida.

If someone needed it more than him, he would give what he had. If they needed a place to stay, his door was always open.

He always enjoyed going to darts with Diana Finch, family, and his friends. He tried to get out to the state dart tournaments every year. He loved to visit and tell stories. Visitation will be Wednesday, February 21, from 4: Visitation will be Thursday, February 22, from 5: Burial will follow at Hope Cemetery in Newell.

He attended the 4 Mile rural school for 8 years and made it through 8 weeks of high school before he and a friend decided to quit and walked the 25 miles home to the ranch. He and Leah Pflaumer were married December 29, To this union, three children were born. Leah passed away from cancer in Ed continued on the ranch with the help of his grandson, Dustin, until Then because of aches and pains, Ed got a hired man and moved into the townhouse he had built.

It was very difficult for him to move to Sturgis and leave the ranch that was his entire life. He was very proud of all he had accomplished with the improvements and the adding of land to the ranch. He still worked in the field last summer raking hay and checking on heifers. He was talking about buying bulls and calving right up until the time he passed away. Ed was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Leah Poss; a son, Roger Allen Poss; and an infant daughter.

Funeral services will be held at 2: Rolland graduated from Rapid City High School in He was drafted into the Army in and discharged in In , he married Laura Price and they had 3 children. Rolland worked his entire life in HVAC. Rolland enjoyed fishing, haying, and tending his cattle. Memorial contributions can be made to Big Bend Presbyterian Church.

She was the 2nd of 9 children. She was raised on the Bryant ranch and attended a one room schoolhouse in Pleasant Valley. Ida married Frank Goff in In their union, 7 children were born.

Ida married Charlie Tryon on July 17, Her and her children moved to the Tryon ranch at Deers Ears. She enjoyed being a wife, mother, and the ranch life. Charlie passed away in Ida lived the rest of her life caring for poultry, horses, bum lambs, and cows. Ida enjoyed visiting with everyone. She was a very giving woman.

She would give her last dollar to someone if she thought they needed it more. Her needs were very small.

She loved getting together, but always wanted to get back to her animals at the ranch. The cows became very important. She would call them her children. Many cows wore tags with family members' names.

Even age would not slow her down. She still chopped ice for the cows and burned wood. When anyone would tell her to slow down, she would say, "If I die doing things on the ranch, I will die happy.

Ida, 75, Newell, died Wednesday, February 7, , at her ranch. Visitation will be Sunday, February 11, from 5: Funeral services will be held Monday, February 12, , at He attended elementary and junior high school at Joan of Arc school, a half mile from the family farm and graduated from Groton High School in He joined the United States Air Force after high school and served as a flight crewman for medical evacuations during the Vietnam War.

They moved back to Groton, SD, where he worked on the family farm until , when he enrolled in the Denver Automotive and Diesel School studying diesel mechanics. After completing his degree, he returned to SD and worked as construction and feedlot foreman for Delzer Construction in Spearfish.

Kurtz Trucking and ran his company for many years. In addition to over the road trucking, he loved to help family and friends doing any projects and building things. He spent many hours working with his children and grandchildren sharing his skills and knowledge. He was completely devoted to his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. After a brief but fierce fight, he passed away in the hospice unit in the VA hospital at Ft. He is preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Myrtle.

Services will be held Friday, February 9, , at He was the 9th of 10 children and grew up on the family ranch 3 miles east of Reva, SD.

Willie and his siblings attended Jefferson and Reva country schools. In , he graduated from Hetttinger High School. Willie married Venoy Idella Smith February 6, They raised 4 children on the family ranch where 2 children, Pete and Laura, continue the family operation to this day. In , Willie was named "Outstanding Young Rancher.

Willie was always busy. When he had everything in order at home, he and Bob did custom farming, haying, and corn chopping for the neighbors.

Willie enjoyed local history and was excited to help with the Harding County history books, taking a special interest in the churches and cemeteries. In , Willy was paralyzed in a tractor accident as he was getting ready for spring planting. Special modifications allowed Willie to use the telephone and computer unassisted. In , Willie started working in Buffalo for his daughter, Angela, answering phones and keeping everyone on task. Sonny Nation, Karen Brown, and Marilyn Parfrey became good friends in the years he spent at the Tatanka Plaza, sharing stories and when needed, encouragement.

Willie always loved a good story and a hearty laugh. Every day he called his people to visit, share a laugh, and lend encouragement. His relationship with Jesus has sustained him through many trials and tribulations over the years. This last chapter was a new beginning, and some of the best years of his life. He watched his children grow to adulthood and enjoyed every minute spent with his grandkids and great-grandkid, Isabella Rose.

Visitation will be Wednesday from noon until time of services at the REC center. Burial will follow at the Slim Buttes Cemetery. After working as head engineer for American Potash and Chemical Corp. Marion served as a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives for the 51st District from He worked at the Lantry Garage until it closed in , helped run the Lantry Four Winds Club, sold real estate, and pursued farming. In later years, he moved to Spearfish, SD, to care for his parents.

In December of , he moved to the Michael J. Marion enjoyed boating, fishing, water skiing, and flying. He is survived by one brother, Bill Dianne ; and sister-in-law, Betty Jim ; and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers, Gailen and Jim. Services for Marion will be Madell was born in Sturgis May 18, , in her grandmother Keffler's "midwifery" house.

Her parents were Joseph and Florence Keffler Schuster. Martin's Academy from 1st through 12th grade. She married George Piekkola in February of in Sturgis. They ranched at the Piekkola homestead until George's death in Madell and George adopted two children: Janice, age 4, and Kenneth, age 2, in Later they adopted a baby boy of two weeks of age, William Thomas.

Madell loved being a wife and mother and grandmother. Her family was her greatest joy. She loved dancing, sewing, cooking, canning, traveling, playing cards, and visiting.

She was an amazing woman, always having projects to work on. Madell was a very hands-on mother with her children. She was very active in extension club, altar society, 4-H, and sports, and a beloved leader in Boy Scouts. One of her greatest joys was when William attained his Eagle Scout award.

She was a long-time den mother and officer in that organization. Madell loved and excelled at sewing. She made her daughter's complete wedding attire.

She was very honored to make her two granddaughter's complete wedding outfits for a double wedding. She made hats as well as men's suits. Madell also made many little "coats" for baby animals on the farm. She suffered the last of her years battling health issues, mainly her legs causing her to be in a wheelchair. She remained confident, kind, helpful, and happy. After George's death, she spent many years alone, but the Lord blessed her with her second husband, William "Bill" McDonagh.

They traveled in their 5th wheel all over the U. Bill was her knight in shining armor. Madell wanted to return to Sturgis. She made very special friends there, Betty, Rene, and Sara, to name a few. Madell's children and grandchildren will forever be grateful for her loving, kind, and moral example she always set! Saturday, February 3, , at St. Burial will be at 1: A memorial has been established to the St.

Francis of Assisi Altar Society. Don was born September 14, to Herman F. She preceded him in death in after 61 years of marriage. Following his army discharge, Don returned to Chamberlain where he partnered with his father and founded the Miller Construction Company.

He was a self-taught draftsman and custom homebuilder. He built many homes and commercial buildings in the area, and was considered an artisan in his craft. A keen interest in teaching led Don to enroll at Colorado State University in to pursue a teaching certificate. He was a generous and innovative teacher, and he mentored students to do the kind of work that would endure for many years.

After his retirement from teaching, Don resumed his construction business in Orem. Ready to try new ideas, he built one of the first solar homes in Utah. He was always diligent and would go the extra mile to ensure any job, large or small, was done to the best of his ability.

Having an insatiable curiosity, Don was an avid reader and had a great love of learning. His strong and quiet faith made him always hopeful and was an inspiration to those around him. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus Council and volunteered many hours of service to his home parish, St.

It was a special place where family gathered for reunions, laughed and cried, and made wonderful memories. Grateful for his loving presence in their lives are his children: Visitation will be held Sunday, February 4, at A funeral Mass will be celebrated Monday, February 5, at 10 am at St. Paul School, Macomb, IL. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual Light shine upon him. She was the 7th of 12 children.

Irene died at home on January 27, , after a short illness at the age of Irene grew up in Eagle Butte. She went to college in Spearfish at Black hills State College and obtained a teaching certificate. She taught school at the Zeona country school from September to May Upon completion of her year contract she returned to Eagle Butte. To this union of 49 years, 5 children were born: Karen, Leann, Russell, Evelyn, and Bill.

Irene was blessed with 19 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. In August of , she went to work at the Cheyenne Eagle Butte middle school as a kitchen assistant. Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in Seaside Heights, NJ.

Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed Election Results. Total of 4 patent applications in Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Use at your own risk. The temperature was 15 Degrees when this was taken. Seaside Heights Casino Pier. Profiles of local businesses. User-defined colors Preset color patterns. Based on data. Races in Seaside Heights, NJ Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph. Aug 8 California gun crime: Recent posts about Seaside Heights, New Jersey on our local forum with over 2,, registered users.

Seaside Heights is mentioned times on our forum:. Sergeant wanted to get naked with year-old who was really an undercover detective cops allege NJ. Officers found condoms in Conte's pocket. Every Seaside Heights beach will be closed to swimmers Thursday for the first time in over 20 years.

Every Seaside Heights beach will be closed to swimmers Thursday for the first time in over 20 years nj. Crime rates in Seaside Heights by Year Type Murders 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 per , 0. Officers per 1, residents here: Seaside Heights tourist attractions: Hospitals and medical centers near Seaside Heights: Operable nuclear power plant near Seaside Heights: Banks with branches in Seaside Heights data: Bank Of America Corporation.

Education Gini index Inequality in education Here: Religion statistics for Seaside Heights borough based on Ocean County data. Number of grocery stores: Number of supercenters and club stores: Number of convenience stores no gas: Number of convenience stores with gas: Number of full-service restaurants: Low-income preschool obesity rate: Average overall health of teeth and gums: People feeling badly about themselves: People not drinking alcohol at all: Average hours sleeping at night: