10 Most Famous Leonardo Da Vinci Artworks

Guess right to double your winnings, guess wrong to lose them…. Archived from the original on October 6, Of course, this means bigger wins! Uluru is a world renowned Australian landmark, and in Red Roo, it serves as the wild symbol. You just have to wager your winnings from any spin on the guess whether the playing card of your choice has a higher value than the one that is already visible.

The Sweetest Games on Earth!

10 – Portrait of Ginevra de’ Benci (1474-1476)

Leonardo was commissioned in to paint this work for the main altar of the monastery of San Donato a Scopeto, near Florence. He was to complete it within thirty months, but it remained largely unfinished and was left behind in Florence when Leonardo set out for Milan the next year.

Even over years after the painting was completed, this piece remains one of the most studied paintings in history, and The Last Supper is among the most sold of all Da Vinci posters. This infamous portrait of Lisa del Giocondo was completed some time between and currently on display at the Musee du Louvre in Paris. Lady with an Ermine. The Virgin and Child with St Anne.

Madonna of the Carnation. Virgin of the Rocks Louvre. Virgin of the Rocks London. Archived from the original on December 4, Archived from the original on October 3, Archived from the original on October 9, Archived from the original on November 17, Archived from the original on May 19, What The Critics Think". Archived from the original on October 12, Retrieved September 28, Archived from the original on February 24, Archived from the original on August 13, Retrieved August 12, Archived from the original on November 4, Retrieved 3 November Retrieved July 29, Archived from the original on April 7, Leonardo DiCaprio hopes to save 'one of the last pristine places on Earth' with moving gorilla documentary".

Archived from the original on January 22, Retrieved January 21, Interview With Directors Of 'Cowspiracy: Archived from the original on August 28, Retrieved August 28, Archived from the original on October 8, Both sides of the ship were torn open and her deck was a mass of flames. The order to abandon ship came after the second explosion and was carried out expeditiously.

Nevertheless, the tragedy claimed the lives of 7 1 sailors and injured 30 others. Gone But Never Forgotten.

The Navy withheld the names of the 5 6 missing men and the names of the injured because not all their families had been officially notified. Normally she carries about 15 tons of assorted ammunition, including depth bombs and smaller charges, torpedoes none on board and shells for her cannon. Only one-third of this amount was still aboard when the blast occurred. It was unofficially estimated here that these vessels held, all told, about 25, tons of explosives.

Tugs dragged these craft out of the dangers zone. Burning fragments from the Solar, hurled at tremendous force against freight cars on the pier, started other explosions. One car in a freight string, filled chiefly with depth charges, blew up and all but vanished in dust and smoke, scattering its parts in all directions. Three strings of cars were hauled shoreward by their locomotive crews, at great risk. No one seemed certain tonight what had caused the explosion, but what seemed like a possible explanation came from Jack Horne, fireman second class, of Charlotte, N.

He thought a piece of ammunition carried by Joe Stuchinski, seaman, of Baltimore might have done it. While he was holding it, it just went off. He must have bumped it against something, because those things go off when anything touches them. He was deafened, a few minor scratches showed on his chest when he got to the first-aid station and his dungarees were split. Metal-cased, weighing about sixty pounds, it is generally cylindrical, about thirty inches long and between four and five inches in diameter.

She was approximately one and a half miles from the beach end of the depot. The concussion was felt twenty to thirty miles around. Ground tremors were felt to the west and the southwest. There were some freakish effects. LaRoque of Kankakee, Ill. It sounded like a three-inch shell exploding in the starboard forward magazine. One third of the crew was at mess on the second deck.

They and most of the other men aboard swarmed to the fire stations. Within less than a minute a second minor explosion in the forward magazine shook the craft.

Many were blinded by fuel oil sprayed into their faces by the blast. On shore the disaster sirens screamed and disaster units roared toward the piers. This blast seemed to blow out the flame that shot through the smoke of the earlier explosions. It tore the ship from her hawsers and shot her back, southward, almost yards, toward the beach end.

Civilians and Navy personnel on the concrete pier cowered under a rain of nuts, bolts, steel and iron fragments, slivered glass and great gun shields from the Solar that screamed past them. Powdered metal dust covered their heads and shoulders. Several were scorched and oil-smeared. They had only vague notions of what burned or cut them. Navy and Coast Guard tugs, backed by water-spewing fireboats, slid through the rising smoke to tow them bay ward, out of the rain of hot metal and screaming shell fragments.

Tugs pulled them bayward, too. Small craft, chiefly fifty-footers, swarmed around the burning Solar, meanwhile, picking injured sailors from the bay. Curiously, not all the ammunition on the Solar exploded. Her torpedoes and her pound depth charges, fortunately, already had been unloaded. The fireboats stood by, helping, and land fire crews poured tons of water, too, on the Solar and on near-by burning structures.

Parts of the pier were torn away, too, and burning oil sent waves of heat until the fire fighters quenched them. Naval officers at the depot expressed astonishment and gratitude for the swift response of rescue units and medical and Red Cross aid.

The Monmouth County Red Cross assembled its membership in record time and got all its rolling stock and other equipment to the station in ample time to be of service. Ambulances and more doctors, nurses and medical attendants than were needed swarmed into the depot from Fort Hancock, Raritan Arsenal and Monmouth County hospitals. Within twenty minutes after the blast they all but clogged the main highways leading to Leonardo Commander N.

Banyard, senior medical officer at the Naval Ammunition Depot, said tonight that the injured were dispersed as follows; Eight in Fort Hancock Army Hospital, two of these critical; one critically injured, in Monmouth Memorial Hospital in Long Branch; one critically injured, Fort Monmouth Station Hospital; twenty five injured one critically, Naval Dispensary, Earle, N.

Station spokesmen announced tonight that two investigations were under way.

Fight History - Pro